• The Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMB) Program allows qualified individuals to have
Medicaid pay for their Medicare premiums (Part A and B), Medicare deductibles and Medicare
coinsurance (within prescribed limits).
• QMB recipients automatically qualify for assistance with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan costs
through the Extra Help Program.
Special Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMB)
• The Special Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMB) Programs allows qualified individuals
to have Medicaid pay Medicare directly for Medicare Part B premiums.
• SLMB recipients automatically qualify for assistance with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
costs through the Extra Help Program.
• The Qualifying Individuals I (QI-1) Program allows qualified individuals to have Medicaid pay
Medicare Part B premiums.
• Funding for this program is limited.
• QI-1 recipients automatically qualify for the Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
Medically Needy Program
• The Medically Needy Program provides Medicaid to persons with high medical bills, but whose
income is too high to qualify for traditional Medicaid programs.
• Individuals qualify for Medically Needy coverage on a month-to-month basis by meeting a
monthly share of cost.
Medicare beneficiaries with limited income may qualify for Extra Help to pay for their prescription drug costs. Many Medicare beneficiaries are eligible for these savings and don't know it. For more information about Extra Help, contact your local Social Security office or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also contact Medicaid to inquire about LIS status or level through the Department of Children and Families (DCF) ACCESS Florida Partner website at www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/.
The phone number is 1-866-762-2237, TTY users should call 1-800-955-8771 or 1-800-955-8770.
Our agents are ready to help! Click below to get started:
Copyright © 2019 Preferred Medicare Advisors- All Rights Reserved.
We are not connected with Federal Medicare Program